When "peace" is hard to find....

As I sit to write this, my ears are still ringing from the screams of  my toddler. My offense? Not allowing her to watch TV. But that's life with a toddler, isn't it? Perfectly pleasant until they are "crossed" and then-well, it's not so pleasant! ;^) This "process" (of correcting their inappropriate behavior) is absolutely necessary. But it is also extremely exhausting at times!! Now, I've never sailed or "boated", as some call it. But, I have been on a 4 hour "cruise" into rough waters. And, let me tell you-life with a toddler-can sometimes feel like navigating some pretty rough seas, ha!!

But, then again, so can "life"-right?! Just like sailing on choppy waters, life's unexpected happening can leave us feeling-unsure. And, as we are tossed about by this or that, we look for something to steady us. To stop the swaying... To, just for a moment, be at peace. Oh, I don't have to talk to you about "life" and it's unsettling affect on man. There's been enough awfulness in this world-in just the last 2 1/2 weeks-to knock us, literally, off our feet!! Combined with the difficulties we each experience in our personal lives-and yea, we're desperate for Peace.

It's funny... I never realize I'm longing for peace until I experience it again!? Like watching a beautiful snow fall or a newborn baby sleep-ah, peace. But even these most serene experiences, leave me wanting. For they are but moments and will eventually pass. And, I'm left longing for something; for Someone. You see, it is only in the presence of my heavenly Father, where I am truly at .peace. Because-He does not change. And He will fail me-not!!

I want to leave you with words from my Savior that brought be great peace this morning. His promises are sound, friends! And in Him is peace... the only true peace-the "peace that passes all understanding"!
"Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."  John 14:1-3 (NLT)
 Loving you and praying for us all today!

Comments

Popular Posts