If I've boiled your blood-at least you'll be warm!! ;^)

re-al: Actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed
gen-u-ine: Truly what something is; authentic or (of a person, emotion, or action) Sincere.

It's about to get real-up-in-here, ya'll! And, just to be clear-I am not exempt from what I write. Nor am I attempting to "preach" from atop an 8 sided carrier of "a substance used with water for washing"! Or from the saddle of "a solid-hoofed plant-eating domesticated mammal, with a flowing mane and tail". I stand convicted, therefore-I write!!

I've been struck by something lately. A reluctance by fellow followers of Christ to verbalize the Gospel. The mantra: "We are to be the hands and feet of Christ. Showing Christ to the World by our actions; not our words." And, I have to admit-it does sound awfully appealing to me! I don't know a single person who enjoys the part of the Gospel where we have to ask: "Are you aware of your SIN and it's affect on your relationship to God?" or "Do you recognize that, without the saving blood of the crucified Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell-separated from God?"?... Awwkwerd!!

But that is what we believe, isn't it? 

The answer is: Yes!! A passionate: tears burning our eyes and hearts beating out of our chest,YES. But, if we decide that we, somehow, know better. That we, the "modern generation", can show the World Christ without telling them... Well, we are not only fooling ourselves, but our "service" is serving no one

Mark 8:36: "And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul.

You see, feeding the hungry; rescuing orphans; providing medication for AIDS sufferers; it's all just a small piece of the puzzle. Yes, we are to bring justice and healing in Christ's name. But the scriptures do not say "How beautiful are the feet that bring medicine or money; good deeds or justice.". No, our scriptures say: 

How beautiful on the mountains
    are the feet of the messenger who brings good news,
the good news of peace and salvation,
    the news that the God of Israel reigns! Isaiah 52:7

Friends, we have good news!! We have the only news that really matters. I am saddened by the shame I have brought to the name of Christ by much of what I say and do. But, please, hear me when I say-We will do more harm by saying nothing! I know first-hand the negative effects that a person claiming to follow Christ, yet walking with hate in their heart, can have. But, I also know what it is to be a person desperately longing for the Truth, that this World cannot give!

I want to leave you with the Word my God gave me today.  

For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”   Romans 10:13-15 

My prayer for us is this: That we would never be afraid. Not afraid to serve our fellow man in Love, as we have been commanded by our Lord. And, not afraid to share with them the most important Truth that they will ever hear. For "what do (they) benefit if (they) gain the whole world yet forfeit (their) own soul." 

Loving and praying for you all today! 

Comments

Popular Posts