"But if it is of GOD..."

So I'll admit it: I'm a results kinda girl. Which, incidentally is part of the reason I found (and still FIND) parenting to be a bit of a challenge. Children are often rather reluctant to provide us with the "measurable results" we desire as parents. ;) But, praise God, this morning I was not called to set aside or even deny my desire for results. Nope, this morning the Lord fulfilled said desire... and then some!

Let's be honest-I'm a bit of a train wreck! I have no problem admitting that I am clueless about most things. So it shouldn't surprise you that I am ALWAYS in need of guidance from my Lord. And being the train wreck that I am it should also not surprise you to know that I often question that guidance. (Oh yea, I'm a piece of work!) And my first question, sad to say, is always "how".

How(!!!). Even now as I am typing this I am ashamed. My question should not be "how"! Maybe "how in the world could I doubt that the God of the universe could accomplish... ANYTHING"!! But never how. So when the Lord laid something on my heart this morning and my shameful response was how-my expectation was... well to be honest I didn't know what to expect! But I'll tell you what I got. A "strongly worded" affirmation that my God is MORE than capable of accomplishing what He sets out to accomplish. My Bible reading contained these verses:

Acts 5:38-39 (NIV):
 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

The Message:
"So I am telling you: Hands off these men! Let them alone. If this program or this work is merely human, it will fall apart, but if it is of God, there is nothing you can do about it—and you better not be found fighting against God!"

Like a-ton-of-bricks. And like I said-results! As I continued to meditate on God's words to me I realized something. I may be limited-with shamefully weak faith-but my God is soo NOT!! And young lady "if it is of God, (then) there is nothing (they or I) can do about it!" (Yes, I lecture myself often.) :)

So my prayer for us today is this: That when we know God is calling us to something-our response would not be "how" but rather "how could we not". All the while KNOWING that "if this work (were) merely human it (would) fall apart, but if it is of God, there is nothing (ANYONE) can do about it". God WILL accomplish what He sets out to accomplish. And if He calls us to something, we can be sure that He is more than capable of doing it.

Loving and praying for you all today!

Comments

Popular Posts