I have LIFE in His name!

So, I was stirred. Yep, that's right-as I was reading my Bible yesterday something inside me literally stirred! The passage I read was John 20:30-31 (NIV):

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

The Message:
30-31 Jesus provided far more God-revealing signs than are written down in this book. These are written down so you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and in the act of believing, have real and eternal life in the way he personally revealed it.

You know, rereading this now, I'm not sure "stirred" is the correct word to use. Maybe more like jolted! I realized (through the Holy Spirit, of course) that I was walking around with very little "life" in me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life. I have a wonderful husband, awesome children, great family and some absolutely amazing friends. But they don't give me LIFE! (And to be completely honest-I'm pretty sure my children may just send me prematurely to my grave! ;) Kidding...I hope!)

But, some days I forget what it means to have "life in (Jesus') name". I walk around as if I haven't been redeemed. Like one who hasn't been given the most amazing gift imaginable: real life! I don't know about you but the "life" I have in His name is more amazing than I could have dreamed! Sure, it isn't always easy (although compared to others I know its been a relative "cake walk") but I don't EVER have to walk it alone. Period. And just as amazing are His peace- a "peace that passes all understanding". And joy. A pure joy that comes from a Love so perfect that it actually GIVES LIFE!

So my prayer for us today is this: that we would walk each day in the reality of the LIFE we have been given in Jesus' name. A LIFE marked by peace and inexplicable joy through all circumstances. And Love-so perfect that it is truly life-giving.

Praising our Lord with you all today! 

Comments

Popular Posts