When I focus my focus-everything is clear.

I recently commented (possibly yelled) to my husband something like, "We're the 'low men' when it comes to getting ready and out the door!? We get everybody else ready first. Then if-and only if-there's time we comb our hair and change our clothes!? Otherwise, it's as-is baby!!"... Not my finest moment, I'll admit. But it's real! Our "focus" in this season of raising young children is almost never on ourselves. And, sadly personal hygiene is often the first thing to go, ha! ;^) Seriously though, what a shift! The moment that child is placed in your arms or in your heart, everything changes. You see it all differently.... And as a Follower of Christ this should be my experience with life.  

This "faith" should change me; Everything about me. And it should change the way I see everything! 

Unfortunately, this isn't always the case with me. And often, I continue to view my World through eyes clearly out of focus. Well, this morning I was struck by a section of Bible verses I have undoubtedly read at least a dozen times but have failed to "notice", until now. Perhaps it was because this section of verses is slightly cryptic or that it is sandwiched between 2 other very rich and applicable sections of verses-that are not as cryptic. Whatever the reason-this morning I got it. Now, I don't know if you're like me, but when I come across something that I've failed to see as significant on my prior readings of the Bible, I take a moment. If the Lord is pointing to something, I know from experience-to pay attention! 

I pay attention because I know that my Lord knows & loves me.  

For example: He knows that I've been struggling with something lately. Frustration with this World. Let's be honest-this World hasn't exactly been a "warm and fuzzy" place for awhile. And as a result of all of the unrest-I've found myself struggling with doubt and fear. Nothing significant, really. But enough to shift my focus. And this is where my Lord found me this morning-out of focus. His words to me-to us-were these:
"Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.  
“Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! 
“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. 
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 
Mathew 6:20-27 (NLT)
Talk about applicable! But what I had failed to notice on previous readings is that the only way to have the correct perspective on this world (and all of its challenges) is to keep my eyes on my Lord.  

Focusing on Him will change the way I see my World

My fear and doubt will be replaced with peace and rest. I will no longer be consumed with worry over my finances but will instead be consumed by generosity.  My "What if"s silenced by the soundness of my Lord's Truth. The future will no longer distress me because I know Who holds today! 

Loving and praying for us all today!

Comments

Popular Posts