Its Monday, again!

From an email sent to my mom's group:

I don't know that I have ever been as happy to sit down for my quiet time as I was this morning. It just seems like the past week or so has brought many challenges. From sick children to marital disagreements to things beyond my control being, well, beyond my control! :) So when I sat down this morning to be with the Lord I had some pretty high expectations. I mean, I was really looking for the Lord to move!! Have you ever been there? I don't know about you but I never walk away disappointed! Sure there have been times when I've been confused about what I'm "hearing" or maybe I don't hear anything. But it never ceases to amaze me that given a little time, I GET IT! The Lord is always faithful and will never leave me "empty".

So it was with this hunger that I approached the Lord this morning. And just as I expected He moved. It wasn't earth shattering or shaking, although it did move me, but I was reminded. Reminded of just how powerful God's love is and that this love is working in me and through me. God's love is powerful! My scripture reading this morning took me to Ephesians 3:14-21. (NIV)

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The Message in part: "And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God."

I was so grateful that this morning was not one of those "wait and see" mornings. The Lord put it right in front of me in plain words. His love is real!! And I will never reach the end of it. No matter how many times I come to Him empty, weary, skeptical or thirsty He is always there and there is always MORE of Him!! This is extremely important to a mom who feels like there is never enough of her to go around. Whether its growing/maturing/sick/needy children, jobs, spouses or life responsibilities we are GIVING at every turn! How amazing to know that we will NEVER reach the depth, width, height or length of God's love!!

My prayer for us today is that we will rest in knowing we don't have to do this alone. We can lean on God's amazing, unfathomable love and KNOW that there will always be more of Him. His love is powerful and real, and will always be what we need!!

Comments

Popular Posts